Immigration to Nepal, we show you how to do it. Nepal is a country that enchants everyone. The endless diversity is characterized by different peoples and languages, by religions and traditions, changing climates from tropical to arctic and all this within one country.
You would like to emigrate to Nepal because you would like to take a new job there or you are moving for private reasons. Then we would like to help you with the most important documents for your entry, as well as we would like to give you some valuable tips on the way.
Residence permit for immigration in Nepal
- There are also different visas in Nepal, which we would like to introduce to you here.
- The student visa = this can be applied for by any person who intends to study or do research in Nepal. The only requirement is that you can prove that you will spend at least 3000 US $ per year. Exceptions to this are only those students who receive a scholarship.
- The long term visa = this is issued for all persons who want to pursue a professional activity in Nepal. Also eligible for the long term visa are any family members or relatives who also wish to move to Nepal and are related to you within the first degree.
- The long term visa = is open to those who wish to spend their life in Nepal, can demonstrably finance their own livelihood or have made an investment of at least US $100,000.
In general, it is important that you request your application at a diplomatic mission of Nepal and also send it back there. Also, as in any other country, it is important to re-register after entering Nepal and to register your new place of residence at the Residents Office in Nepal.
Your Immigration to Nepal – The Move
In advance, you should also promptly take care of a moving company and think about how you want to move your belongings. It is helpful to get several offers from different companies to get a comparison of the price-performance-quality. Make sure that all companies offer the same and remember that the quality is often reflected in the price. You are also welcome to contact us about your move and we will be happy to provide you with a customized quote.
After you have arrived in Nepal, the first thing you will want to do is to get to know the country and the culture. For this purpose we have selected the most important sights for you.
- Himalayan Mountains, the most famous sight of Nepal, with the highest mountain in the world, “Mount Everest”.
- Kathmandu the capital of Nepal, which is located at 1400 meters above sea level, is a popular destination after trekking tours. The city has some beautiful temples and stupas, also several museums can be found.
- Bhaktapur is one of the three royal sites of Nepal and among them it is the oldest and still holds its medieval charm.
- The Peace Temple is located on a mountain that you should walk up to experience the breathtaking view, which becomes more beautiful with every few meters of height. Once you reach the top, you can look at the temple and gaze at Fewa Lake.
- The Phewa Valley with Fewa Lake is located in Pokhara and is definitely an experience. The lake is beautiful especially at sunset and is framed by mountains. There are several traditional eateries and bars on the shore.
- Bodnath Stupa, one of the largest stupas of Nepal, which impresses with its location, size and incredible architecture.
The specialties of Nepal
You should definitely check out the culinary variety, because Nepal’s cuisine is something special. It is characterized by three different food cultures, the Indian, the Chinese and the one from Tibet. This creates a very interesting variety of specialties.
Here are the most important and Βeknown:
- Dal Bhat, the classic of Nepal. Here a lentil soup is served with rice and vegetable curry.
- Samosas, the dumplings are filled with curry and you can buy them on every street corner.
- Momo in Nepal are also dumplings, but are more like the German Maultasche. Mostly the momos are steamed, sometimes deep-fried and they are available with several different fillings.
- Chutneys are strongly spiced sauces that are served with most dishes, also here there are many different flavors.
- Thukpa, the Nepalese noodle soup, which consists of noodles, vegetables, spices and chicken meat.
We hope that we could give you some helpful tips for your immigration to Nepal and wish you good luck with your move and settling in your new home. If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.