It’s always an exciting time when you’re planning a move abroad. You want to pack your bags and discover the world. Before you do, however, you should know what to expect. Egypt is a beautiful country with a rich culture influenced by ancient empires such as Greece, Rome, Byzantium and Persia. It is also home to some of the oldest sites in the world, including the Pyramids of Giza. Here are some things you should know before you put your ideas of moving to Egypt into action.

The history and culture of Egypt

In order to understand the culture of Egypt after your move to the country, it is essential that you study the history of Egypt. It was influenced by ancient empires such as Greece, Rome, Byzantium and Persia.

Egyptian culture is rich in traditions that date back thousands of years. Egyptians are known for their love of food, family, and their loyalty to Islam.

One of the most notable features of Egyptian culture is the Arabic language. Egyptians speak Arabic as their native language. However, this is not an easy language to learn.

Religion in Egypt

The population of Egypt is 90% Muslim. The other 10% of the population is Christian Orthodox, Catholic and Jewish. To protect itself from ISIS, the Egyptian government is now fighting extremism by strengthening its ties with the Christian Church and Israel.

Women are expected to wear long skirts or pants that are loose fitting and have sleeves that reach above the elbows. It is also customary for women to cover their hair. Men should wear long pants and shirts with sleeves that reach the wrist.

There are some places where Western customs are more accepted, including Alexandria and Cairo.

What are the people like in Egypt?

After moving to Egypt, you will quickly discover that Egyptians are very proud of their culture. They love to share their love of art, movies, dance and music with other people.

In addition, Egyptians are extremely friendly people. They will greet you with a smile and will ask you where you are from. It is important to respect their customs and traditions so they will welcome you into their community.

How to get a visa for your move to Egypt

In order to live in Egypt, you will need a visa. You can get one of two different visas depending on what you plan to do while in Egypt.

If you are traveling to Egypt for business reasons, you can apply for a business visa. If you are emigrating to Egypt for other reasons, you will need an Egyptian residence permit.

To apply for your work/business visa, submit the appropriate documentation to the Visa and Passport Department of the Egyptian Consulate in your home country or region for yourself and any accompanying family members.
The fee for this type of visa is 23 CHF per person and an additional processing fee of 34 to 45 CHF.

Processing can take up to five days after submission, so plan accordingly.

Where should you live after moving to Egypt?

Cairo is the capital of Egypt and one of the most populous cities in Africa. It has been inhabited since around 7500 BC, making it one of the oldest cities in the world. The city has much to offer, from religious sites and the Mosque of Mohammed Ali to cultural attractions such as the Egyptian Museum and Khan El Khalili Market.

Alexandria is the second largest city in Egypt. It has a population of 4.3 million and is located on the Mediterranean coast. The city also houses some of Egypt’s most important cultural institutions, including the National Library and the Museum of Egyptian Civilization. The most striking feature of Alexandria is its port, which was founded by Alexander the Great more than 2,000 years ago.

Luxor is a city in Upper Egypt. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country and has many historical remains to offer.

Hurghada is a Red Sea resort that has been a hotspot for tourism for decades. It is also one of the most popular cities in Egypt among people who decide to move to Egypt.

Delicious dishes to try after you move to Egypt

Most Egyptians love shawarma, and you will get it in almost every restaurant. Shawarma is a type of fried meat that is traditionally prepared with lamb or chicken. The meat is fried and then wrapped in a pita bread. It is accompanied by cucumbers, tomatoes and mayonnaise.

Kefta are small balls of minced lamb, beef or veal, usually cooked on a bed of chopped onions and spices and then served on bread or mixed into salads.

Shakshouka is a dish consisting of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce and topped with crumbled feta cheese. The sauce is usually prepared by slowly cooking tomatoes over low heat until they release their juices.

With that, you are now well prepared to make your move to Egypt a reality. We wish you every success in your new home and are sure that you will not regret your decision.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We see it as our mission to support you in your move to a new life.