You want to make your move to Mexico and are still a bit overwhelmed with the many entry requirements and the many different visas? We are happy to help you and give you here the most important information and advice on your way.
Residence permit and visas for your move to Mexico
If you plan to stay in Mexico for more than 180 days, which is quite likely if you are moving, you will need a residence permit, this is initially limited to one year.
The first requirement to get this permit is a temporary visa. You can apply for this at e.g. the Mexican embassy.
If you now enter the country with the temporary visa and the tourist card, you must report to the responsible immigration office within the 30 days in order to apply for a residence permit.
The following documents are important:
- The passport and the temporary visa
- The tourist card
- A completed Basic form, which you can download from the relevant authority
- A proof of sufficient financial means
- 3 passport photos
- The proof that you have paid the fee for this process
If the verification of your documents is successful, you will be notified by the authority and you will be given an appointment. There the application will be signed and you can stay in Mexico for one year. If you want to stay longer, you will have to fill out the same application again the next year.
The move to Mexico
Here you should definitely think about the transportation of your belongings and write to a few moving companies and ask their conditions and pick the best one for you. You should also try to make a list of all your belongings and give it to the moving company as well as to the customs, this way you can speed up the move a bit and help the movers. This will also give you a better quote than having everything estimated without knowing exactly what you want to take with you. Above all, make sure that you do not carry anything that is prohibited in Mexico at customs. For this purpose, there are extra lists that you can read through on the Internet at customs Mexico, so you can rule out any misunderstandings that might arise right from the start.
Places of interest
When you arrive in Mexico, you will surely want to learn a lot about the country and discover new places, cities, landscapes and beaches. For this purpose, we have thought about and picked out the most beautiful, well-known and famous places for you.
- La Catedral Metropolitana is one of the most beautiful buildings in all of Mexico. It consists of different architectural styles and was built and completed over several generations. Construction began in 1573 and the cathedral was not completed until 1813.
- Teotihuacan used to be one of the most inhabited cities in the world, but today the city lies in ruins, making it one of the most famous archaeological sites in Mexico.
- The Yucatan Peninsula with its beautiful coastline attracts about 5 million visitors every year. The reason for this are the endless beaches and crystal clear waters.
- Tulum, a city with a first class art scene and great restaurants. The city also offers beautiful white beaches, turquoise sea and Mayan ruins that hold a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Acapulco, besides its beautiful beaches, also has a real cultural nightlife, with many bars, restaurants and clubs. There is also the “Quebrada”, a rock formation steeply above the coast, from where you can watch the cliff divers at night.
- Mexico City, has not only the seat of government, but also first class museums, art galleries, restaurants and beautiful buildings. The historic core of the city is besides the UNESO World Heritage Site.
- Guanajuato, is a city that is also a World Heritage Site because of its wonderful squares, such as Jardin de la Union, the city’s main square.
- Guadalajara, a city that revives the Mexican culture. Mariachi music plays everywhere, rodeo can be found at all the festivals and traditional cuisine can be experienced to the fullest.
- Cancun, a beautiful stretch of coastline along the Gulf of Mexico.
The Culinary Variety
What you also should not miss is the Mexican cuisine. It is a real taste experience. Some of it you will surely know, some of it will be completely new to you and most of it will simply overwhelm you.
- Tortilla, in Mexico is flat bread made from corn. Tortilla are the basis for very many different dishes and can almost never be missed.
- Burrito, is a super dish to take away. It consists of a tortilla that is topped and rolled into a cylinder.
- Mexican Chili, is a spicy stew that has very hot notes, because of the chili pepper.
- Mexican guacamole, an avocado dip that no barbecue party should be without.
- Nachos, internationally known, are eaten in Argentina not only as a snack during a relaxing movie night, but also as a main dish with beans, minced meat and onions.
We hope that we could help you a little bit and wish you a successful start in your new home country.