You want to emigrate to the United Kingdom? The country, or rather the island, has a lot to offer in terms of natural scenery, especially if you are moving to the northern area. The culture, the traditions, the lifestyle and the friendliness of the inhabitants are the reasons why many people from all over the world go there every year.
Residence and visa when you move to the United Kingdom
Since 01 January 2021, the UK has introduced a system based on certain criteria that must be met, otherwise you will not be allowed to work or study there. In addition, you still have to pass a criminal background check and a test. The only exception for a stay of up to 6 months is that it is used exclusively for visits or tourist purposes. This means that during this time you must be a “visitor” under all circumstances, i.e. you may not work, study, start a business or anything similar.
If you wish to come to the UK for a longer period of time and pursue work or study, you must apply for points-based immigration. You can read more about this on GOV.UK here. Firstly, you will need to prove your identity, this can be done via an app or in person at a visa application center. Furthermore, it is important that you pay your processing fee on time, this will give you access to the UK health service. Furthermore, you should allow some extra time for the processing of your application, as the processing varies depending on the visa and you may have to submit additional documents. In any case, expect 4-8 weeks here.
Now about the different visas:
Skilled Worker Visa = Skilled Worker Visa.
For this visa you need to prove that you have a suitable job, you will receive a minimum salary of £25600 and you speak English at level B1 or better.
Health and Care Visa = Health and Care Visa
You can only apply for this visa if you are working in a qualified health profession and have received an offer from the NHS or a service provider working in conjunction with the NHS. Furthermore, you must meet all the requirements that must also be met for the skilled worker visa.
Global Talent = International Talent
This visa is for those who are the most qualified, they are allowed to come to the UK without a job offer. This mainly refers to those who are outstanding in sciences, technologies, business or humanities. You must submit your application on GOV.UK and will be treated separately and in a faster procedure.
Student Route = Student Route
You must be able to write, read as well as speak the English language and you must have obtained a place on a course that is accredited. You must also be financially secure, which means you must be able to support yourself.
Sights that await you after your move to the United Kingdom.
There is so much to discover and experience in the United Kingdom, as the island has a little bit of everything. You can discover history and culture, experience beautiful landscapes with mountains, lakes, beaches or cliffs or climb castles and admire the cities with all your attractions and your beautiful buildings.
- London, the capital of England is definitely worth a visit. There is a lot of culture and history to experience and many really beautiful buildings, churches, museums, attractions and shopping malls. The city has something to offer for everyone. The many restaurants, pubs and cafes are also worth a visit. You can also book a guided tour where you can see the main sights (London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, etc.).
- Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, there you should see among others Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, Arthur’s Seat and the Dugald Stewart Monument on Calton Hill. In addition, the Harry Potter tours are also very popular, as the original film locations are visited.
- Manchester is an industrial city with the famous football club Manchester United.
- York is a medieval city that dates back to Roman times, there is still a real city center and neighborhoods that are more reminiscent of Rome than the United Kingdom.
- Oxford and Cambridge, the two elite universities that are among the best universities in the world.
- Cornwall, a county on the southwestern tip of England. The peninsula includes beautiful beaches, extensive moors, steep cliffs and surf hot spots in Newquay. A wonderful place to relax, hike, surf or swim.
- Hadrian’s Wall, was a border that stretched for 117 km and contained 320 towers. Today the remains of the Wall are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Stonehenge, the stone circle dates back to the Neolithic period, 5000 years ago. It is one of the most famous Neolithic monuments in the world.
- Fish and chips, the most popular fast food meal in the UK.
- Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, the roast beef is fried until pink and is then served with Yorkshire pudding, a pastry made of flour, eggs; milk and oil.
- Pies are pastries that come in both savory and sweet forms.
- 5 o’clock tea is not just a myth, among the British it is a long-standing tradition dating back to the 17th century. At the “5pm-teatime” moment, there is black tea with yeast cookies.
- The typical British breakfast consisting of toast, fried egg, sausage, bacon and beans is an absolute highlight there. When eating breakfast for the first time, most people are a bit shocked by the quantity and abundance, however, breakfast and dinner is the most important thing there.
We hope that we could help you a little bit and wish you a successful move to the united kingdom and a successful start into your new life. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.